School For Adventurers Terms of Service
Welcome to School for Adventurers!
Your use of the School For Adventurers website (the “Site”) is subject to these terms and conditions of use (“Terms”). In order to use the Site, you must first agree to the Terms. You may not use the Site if you do not accept the Terms. You can accept the Terms by actually using the Site. You understand and agree that School For Adventurers will treat your use of the Site as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Site.
You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Site may change from time to time without prior notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that School For Adventurers may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Site (or any features within the Site) to you or to users generally at the sole discretion of School For Adventurers, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Site at any time.
- Your Use of the Site. You agree to use the Site only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries). You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Site). You agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Site for any purpose. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that School For Adventurers has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which School For Adventurers may suffer) of any such breach.
- A. By submitting your writing or any other content to School For Adventurers (each a "Submission"), you hereby irrevocably assign to School For Adventurers all right, title, and interest in each Submission. If requested by School For Adventurers, you will execute a written assignment of such rights to School For Adventurers and any other documents necessary for School For Adventurers to establish or protect its intellectual property rights. You will not assert, and otherwise waive, any "moral rights" in the Submission and assign to School For Adventurers any "moral rights" in the Submission. If the assignment of rights in the Submission described above is not effective, you agree that you hereby grant School For Adventurers an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to copy, distribute, create derivative works, perform, display, and otherwise use the Submission. For sake of clarity, you may not publish or use the Submission for any other purpose. You represent and warrant that you are the sole author of the Submission and that you have all necessary rights to submit the writing to School For Adventurers under these terms. You agree that you will indemnify and defend School For Adventurers from third party claims arising from or related School For Adventurers's use of the Submission. You understand that School For Adventurers may make changes to your Submission and has no obligation to attribute the Submission to you.
- Content in the Site. You understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Site at your own risk.
- Proprietary rights. You acknowledge and agree that School For Adventurers (or its licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Site, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Site (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features of School For Adventurers. You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights or notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Site.
- EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING SECTIONS 4 AND 5, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS’S WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE.” IN PARTICULAR, SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR; (C) ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND; (D) THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS. SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR: (A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SITE, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; AND (B) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF: (I) ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SITE; (II) ANY CHANGES WHICH SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS MAY MAKE TO THE SITE, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SITE (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SITE); OR (III) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE. THE LIMITATIONS ON SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS’S LIABILITY TO YOU IN THIS SECTION 5 WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SCHOOL FOR ADVENTURERS AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY EMOTIONAL, MENTAL, AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY NOR ANY EMOTIONAL, MENTAL, OR PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES WHICH MAY OCCUR THROUGH THE USE OF THIS SITE.
- Some of the Site is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Site, queries made through the Site or other information. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by School For Adventurers on the Site are subject to change without specific notice to you. In consideration for School For Adventurers granting you access to and use of the Site, you agree that School For Adventurers may place such advertising on the Site.
- Other content
- The Site may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. School For Adventurers may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than School For Adventurers. You acknowledge and agree that School For Adventurers is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that School For Adventurers is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
- Changes to the Terms
- School For Adventurers may make changes to the Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, School For Adventurers will make a new copy of the Terms available at page on www.SchoolForAdventurers.com/TermsofService.html You understand and agree that if you use the Site after the date on which the Terms have changed, School For Adventurers will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
- General legal terms
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and School For Adventurers and govern your use of the Site, and completely replace any prior agreements between you and School For Adventurers in relation to the Site. You agree that School For Adventurers may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by postings on the Site.
- You agree that if School For Adventurers does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which School For Adventurers has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of School For Adventurers’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to School For Adventurers.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- The Terms, your relationship with School For Adventurers under the Terms, and any claim or dispute of whatever nature arising out of or related to the Terms or your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and applicable federal U.S laws, without giving effect to any choice of law principles that would require the application of the laws of a different state. All claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA, and School for Adventurers and you consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts. Notwithstanding this, you agree that School For Adventurers shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. The parties specifically exclude from application to the Agreement the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.